Wednesday 1 February 2017

Double Pinwheel Block

 This month's block should spark some interesting colour combinations.


I love Double Pinwheel Blocks and I found a fab tutorial here, by Sew Happy Geek.  Just scroll halfway down the page, past the tutorial for the Friendship Block and you'll come to the Double Pinwheel/QST Pinwheel Block.

We'd like the background to be white, as above, and the pinwheels to be contrasting shades of bright colours. A fresh, modern quilt is our aim.

Your completed block should measure 12 1/2 inches.

I found that pressing my seams open kept the centre bulk of fabric to a minimum and trimming the quadrants to 6 1/2 inches, lining up with the diagonal on the ruler (just as Sew Happy Geek explains), left me with pretty good points.





We need the blocks by 3rd March, just before our next Bee Blessed Saturday and are grateful for all those blocks you so faithfully send to us.

We meet on Saturday so look out for an update early next week.

Happy Sewing


1 comment:

  1. tricky I hate QSTs but will have a go and if successful forward it to you don`t hold your breath though!

    ReplyDelete