Monday 4 September 2017

New Term

It was so good to meet up with the group on Saturday.  We had the pleasure of seeing old and new faces as well as catching up with some ladies who haven't been able to make it for a while.  Ros didn't disappoint on the cake front so my banana cake has been put on the back boiler.

Although we didn't meet in August we've been busy during the summer.  Thanks to what we had in reserve and a very generous donation we were able to gift these quilts...




...Three ladies who've been going through a difficult time received the above quilts and the three below made their way to the Grenfell Tower Disaster quilt group to be distributed at an appropriate time.

Drat, I forgot to take photographs of the ladies but I can show you what we got up to!


It seems an age since I set this block and it didn't disappoint when we saw it again.  Thanks to the lovely ladies who made short work of it on Saturday.  It's a brilliant block and tutorial by Jeni Baker at Incolororder which you can find here.


You either love or hate HSTs.  I love them but only since I found a really good ruler to trim them with.  There was much HST sewing and trimming on Saturday, using that trimming method, and it absolutely made my day when one of the ladies working on them said, "That was very satisfying!", and another said "I might make a quilt like that at home!" Above are just a few of the triangles completed on Saturday.



Borders attached, longarmed and binding added on Saturday and it's another finish!



A layer cake is such an easy starting point and I spotted this quilt on pinterest. I searched and searched for the pattern, to no avail, so that I could appropriately tag and attribute it.  Sorry! We've winged it and this is the result so far.


A bit of reshaping, quilting and hey presto...


This is growing in all directions and promises to be a little stunner!!

That's all for now. Thanks to all of you who take the time to read this blog, make and send us blocks or support us in any way... We couldn't do it without you.  I'll update our meeting dates today.  Until we meet again.

Happy Sewing

3 comments:

  1. Some great quilt action going on there !

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see so much happening with these quilts, I love HSTs making using the 8 at a time method is my favourite way to do them

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so productive ladies. Lots of lovelies being passed on to bless others. Keep up the good work (fuelled by cake, of course).

    ReplyDelete